One temporary pre-doctoral position, operating at the Department of Experimental Oncology of the European Institute of Oncology is available, starting in February 2024.
The successful candidate will be involved primarily in the INTEREST project, funded by Fondazione Buzzi/Fondazione IEO (FIEO-CCM), focused on the characterization of the epigenetic alterations in mesothelioma, in the context of survivorship and treatment response.
The successful candidate will be dedicated to enrich and purify histones and whole proteomes from Mesothelioma patient FFPE samples and to characterize their epi-proteome/proteome by Mass Spectrometry (MS)-based profiling. The activities will be carried out at:
-The Nuclear Proteomics Unit (Head: T Bonaldi)
This is a temporary predoctoral fellowship position, with the possibility of applying to the SEMM PhD doctoral program in September 2024. The laboratory is located at the Department of Experimental Oncology of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO), a comprehensive Cancer Center based on state-of-the-art research laboratories and clinical facilities.
Salary will be defined based on the candidate curriculum, according to salary scale of the hiring Institute
Requisites of the candidate:
- Master degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Sanitary Biomedicine or relative disciplines awarded by an Italian university or a title obtained abroad which has been recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree;
- good knowledge of the English language;
- theoretical background in molecular biology and biochemistry, molecular oncology
- reliability, precision and ability to work in team;
- previous experience in a research laboratory
Posted on 17th January 2024