The data science unit at the European Institute of Oncology is looking for motivated and talented bioinformaticians. The successful candidate will join an international and multidisciplinary team. The goal of the Data Science unit is to provide support to internal and external research groups in the context of high-throughput sequencing data and microscopy data. We develop and apply statistical, machine learning methods and predictive models to tackle cutting edge questions in cancer genomics, clinical research and epigenetics. More information can be found https://www.research.ieo.it/research-and-technology/technological-units/data-science-unit/
The successful candidate will work within the Health Big Data project, specifically on omics data extraction and integration.
- D. in computational biology, bioinformatics, data science or relevant field (for senior position only)
- Ability to work independently (or with minor supervision, senior position only)
- Experience in analyzing sequencing data (single cell and bulk rna-seq, 10x multiome, whole exome/genome sequencing, ChIP-seq etc..)
- Programming skills in R and/or python
- Proficient in Unix system
Nice to have:
- Experience in variant calling and annotation (mutect2, CancerVar, CIViC etc..)
- Experience in image analysis
- Experience in classical and deep learning tools (Random Forest, XGBoost, CNN etc..)
- Experience with pipeline manager (NextFlow, SnakeMake etc..)
- Experience with HPC
- Experience with database construction and maintenance
- Support research groups in analysing and interpreting sequencing data
- Develop, maintain and update analysis pipelines
- Participate to meetings across research groups
The European Institute of Oncology (IEO) is one of the leading research institutes in Italy. IEO operates as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, linking fundamental and applied research to clinical activities, patient care and clinical trials. The Department of Experimental Oncology (DEO) hosts ~250 scientists working in 20 independent research groups and units. DEO is located within a scientific campus together with two other partner institutions: the FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology (IFOM) and the Italian Institute of Technology (IIT). The IEO is one of the 13 members of the EU-LIFE alliance to promote excellence in life sciences in Europe. IEO is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Candidates will be evaluated based on titles and interview.
Application will be considered until 31/03/2023.
Write to [email protected]