The Department of Experimental Oncology (DEO) of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO) is looking for a highly motivated Lab Manager.
The Lab Manager will have an essential role in guaranteeing the efficiency of the ongoing research activities in the department. S(he) will work in close relationship with the DEO PIs to organize and maintain an efficient and competitive laboratory infrastructure and directly refer to the DEO Executive Director. More specifically, s(he) will be responsible for:
- Monitoring inventory and ordering supplies (chemicals, reagents, personal protective equipment, etc.) and small or routine equipment as necessary.
- Scheduling laboratory and equipment time for researchers; acting as a liaison between PIs, researchers and key stakeholders (facility management, purchasing office, prevention and protection service).
- Ensuring the functionality of all lab equipment and instruments and coordinate their set-up, maintenance or repair as necessary.
- Organizing departmental spaces, including offices, desk and benches according to the internal regulation; organize the proper allocation of all equipment and instrument as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements; conducting laboratory inspections as necessary.
- Develop and update departmental work policies in the form of digital booklet, organize its access for all DEO scientists and instruct new hires about its content and accessibility.
- Organizing and updating the safety plan and procedures (including safety products and equipment data sheets) as necessary; scheduling safety training for new hires or team members entering new roles.
- Maintaining laboratory documentation across all workflows of the Department, including safety records, laboratory instrument manuals, and general laboratory documentations.
- Managing research sample workflows, assisting in the procedures for collection, processing, storage, and data archival of selected types of research biological samples, including managing their mobilization across labs, facilities and research Centers, also outside of the Department.
- Coordination and supervision of DEO technical “kitchen” and its staff which takes care of the preparation and storage of common solutions and reagents for the whole department.
IEO is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Contract and salary conditions
Competitive contract and salary conditions will be offered according to the candidate experience.