The Department of Experimental Oncology (DEO) of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO) in Milan, is recruiting a full-time pathologist for the Molecular Pathology Technological Unit.
Candidates should have an M.D. degree and be board certified in Pathology, preferably with experience in both hematological and solid malignancies.
Principle duties will consist in operational and technical supervision of the activities of the Molecular Pathology Unit, including troubleshooting and technical operation of laboratory instrumentation and assay methodologies, identifying solutions to technically related customer concerns and implementing method modifications. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary effort that includes partnering with DEO research groups for the development of their scientific activities and with the different IEO Clinical Oncology Programs for the implementation and validation of advanced molecular diagnostic and prognostic tests in oncology.
Experience in laboratory and clinical procedures (for instance, procedures for collecting, processing, and storing tumor biopsies for clinical research).
Experience in testing and analyzing samples from multiple human cancer tissues, including both hematologic malignancies and solid tumors.
- Experience in the detection and analysis of pathomorphological aberrations in mouse models.
- Supervision of lab assistants and technicians.
- Detection of the best specimen, assessment of the tumor cellularity, and laser capture microdissection and macro-dissection procedures finalized to RNA/DNA extraction.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to mentor, train and lead staff and fellows.
- Writing and reviewing of laboratory reports and participation.
- Strict adherence to health and safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Extensive prior experience with computational pathology, digital pathology, automated sample annotation, as well as design and implementation of multiplexed imaging and spatial transcriptomic approaches will be considered a plus. Given the international framework, the candidate should also be fluent in English, have good communication skills and a team-oriented working attitude. We offer a competitive salary based on the candidate’s experience. The position will remain open until filled.