The Department of Experimental Oncology (DEO) of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO) in Milan is recruiting a Junior laboratory technician in the field of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS).
The technician will be trained and involved, together with the other team members, in providing various kind of NGS services to the users of the IEO Genomics Unit (GU). The unit is tasked with providing state-of-the-art genomic services to the Department community by implementing the latest sequencing technology.
Specific training activities will include:
- Quality control as well as preparation of samples and libraries for sequencing in the areas of genome, transcriptome and epigenome profiling, both in bulk tissues and single cells.
- Operation of sequencers including advanced sequencing technologies such as Nanopore and Illumina sequencing.
- Precise documentation of sample related data through the laboratory information management system (LIMS), required by high sample number submitted by GU users.
The ideal Candidates should:
- have a B.Sc., M.Sc., or PhD in molecular biology or a related field
- have hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques (e.g. NGS, PCR; RT-PCR, qPCR, electrophoresis, DNA/RNA purification)
- be familiar with MS Office skills
- be able to enjoy working in a friendly service team and in a highly collaborative environment.
Strong organizational, problem solving, social and communication skills along with the ability to interact with GU users in English and to work in an international team are essential.
We offer a one year Fellowship, renewable. The position will remain open until October 15th.
Please apply sending:
- CV and motivation letter in English
Posted on 8th September 2023