One laboratory technician position is available in the Nuclear Proteomics Unit at the Department of Experimental Oncology, IEO, Milan, starting immediately. The Unit is primarily interested in studying protein expression and epigenetic patterns in cancer using Mass Spectrometry (MS)-based proteomics.
The successful candidate will be first involved in projects concerning the epigenetic and proteomics profiling of various types of clinical and pre-clinical samples by quantitative MS and then will be progressively engaged in various cellular biology and biochemistry experiments carried out in the group, also depending on his/her background experience.
This is a up to 3-year position, with a training fellowship or a CoCoCo contract (depending on the expertise and qualifications of the applicant). The laboratory is located at the Department of Experimental Oncology of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO), a comprehensive Cancer Center based on state-of-the-art research laboratories and clinical facilities.
EO is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Requisites of the candidate:
- Degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Sanitary Biomedicine or relative disciplines awarded by an Italian university or a title obtained abroad which has been recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree;
- knowledge of the English language;
- theoretical background in molecular biology and biochemistry;
- reliability, precision and ability to work in team;
- ability to perform experiments independently.
Posted on 10th January 2024