One laboratory technician position is available in the Unit of Dr. Luisa Lanfrancone at the Department of Experimental Oncology, IEO, Milan starting September 1st 2020.
The Unit is primarily interested in identifying and characterizing cellular pathways governing the biology of melanoma, which can be eventually targeted pharmacologically. To this end new epigenetic and metabolic vulnerabilities have been isolated by an in vivo shRNA-based screening approach (Bossi et al, Cancer Discovery 2016, D’Alesio et al, Oncotarget 2016, Carugo et al, Cell Reports 2016).
The successful candidate will be in contact with medical and basic scientists, will be trained and involved in the main projects of the lab, namely:
- Identification of actionable candidates in therapy-resistant metastatic melanomas by in vivo and in vitro shRNA screens
2) Modelling of the metastatic process in vivo, to identify and target, genes and pathways involved in dissemination
3) Reprogramming of the metastatic phenotype
4) Combinatorial drug testing in vitro and in vivo in therapy-resistant melanomas
This is a one-year fellowship position, with the possibility of renewals up to three years. The laboratory is located in the Department of Experimental Oncology of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO), a Comprehensive Cancer Center based on state-of-the-art research laboratories and clinical facilities, fully equipped, relying on dedicated and trained personnel.
Required requisites of the candidate:
- BA degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Sanitary Biomedicine or relative disciplines awarded by an Italian university or a title obtained abroad which has been recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree;
- internship in any biomedical laboratory;
- basic knowledge of the English language;
- theoretical background in in vitro and in vivo cancer cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry;
- required being motivated, reliable and precise.