Starting from October 1st until December 31st, ABCD society (Associazione di Biologia Cellulare e del Differenziamento) offers to all members a number of interesting lectures by renowned scientists in the field.
ABCD is a scientific society whose mission is to promote the integrated study of cellular, molecular and developmental biology, based on the idea that the knowledge on fundamental aspects associated with cells’ function and response to environmental stress is critical to understand disease pathogenesis.
To this aim, ABCD is engaged in promoting scientific exchange among scientists through national and international meetings, as well as education and training of young researchers.
This year’s distinguished lecture series include talks in biological fields such as Biology of the cancer cell, Biology revealed through advanced Imaging, Cell metabolism, Cell plasticity, motility and mechanosensing, Endocytosis, Genome architecture and chromosome segregation, Membrane trafficking, Mitochondria in health and disease, Morphogenesis from cells to systems, Protein folding and degradation, Signal transduction, Understanding biology at the ultrastructural level.
The lectures are free for ABCD members.
Join ABCD and enjoy the videos!
More information to join ABCD -as either senior or junior member- can be found here:
Find below the list of speakers.
- Biology of the cancer cell (Francesco Cecconi, James DeGregori, Gillian Griffiths, Johanna Ivaska, Sima Lev, Massimiliano Mazzone, Marta Miączyńska, Erik Sahai)
- Biology revealed through advanced Imaging (Jan Ellenberg, Tom Kirchhausen, Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz)
- Cell metabolism (Ralph DeBerardinis, Ayelet Erez, Robert Farese & Tobias Walther, Christian Frezza, Cristina Muñoz Pinedo, Roberto Zoncu)
- Cell plasticity, motility and mechanosensing (Sandrine Etienne-Manneville, Guillaume Montagnac, Jim Norman, Martin Schwartz)
- Endocytosis (Frances Brodsky, Ludger Johannes, Sandy Schmid, Sara Sigismund, Alexander Sorkin, Harald Stenmark)
- Genome architecture and chromosome segregation (Wendy Bickmore, Arshad Desai, Rebecca Heald, Tom Misteli)
- Membrane trafficking (Antonella De Matteis, Bruno Goud, Volker Haucke, Graça Raposo, Chiara Zurzolo)
- Mitochondria in health and disease (Michelangelo Campanella, Lorenzo Galluzzi, Thomas Langer, Richard Youle)
- Morphogenesis from cells to systems (Annika Guse, Nereo Kalebic, Susan Mango, Mark Peifer, Aurélien Roux, Kenneth Yamada, Marino Zerial)
- Protein folding and degradation (Hesso Farhan, Ilaria Fregno)
- Signal transduction (Manuela Baccarini, Christophe Lamaze, Daniel B. Rifkin, Lois Weisman)
- Understanding biology at the ultrastructural level (Lucia Banci, James Hurley, Eva Nogales)