Back to list May 06, 2020
Master’s Degree in Biomedical Omics*
The Master’s Degree in Biomedical Omics is an international program conceived by the Department of Oncology and Hemato-oncology (DIPO) of the University of Milan.
The course aims to train specialists in omics technologies who will work in clinical or research laboratories or biotech companies.
Omics technologies (genomics, epigenomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, radiomics, etc.) are novel comprehensive approaches to provide complete genetic and molecular characterisation of individual organisms and of their systems or cells. Omics have a broad and rapidly expanding range of applications in biomedicine, including diagnostics, patient stratification, basic and translational biomedical research.
The Master’s Degree in Biomedical Omics is a two-year program during which students will gain key competences in omics technologies, including the ability to design experiments, manage the work flow, analyse and interpret omics data.
The course is divided into three types of educational activities:
- Theoretical activities – including lectures, journal clubs and international seminars.
- Laboratory activities – including rotation in different omics laboratories and a thesis project.
- Clinical activities – including participation to the Molecular Tumour Boards of the of the research hospitals partnered with the program.
The Master’s Degree in Biomedical Omics is held by faculty with excellent scientific productivity in preclinical and clinical disciplines, operating in prestigious Milanese and Lombard university centres, including: Istituto Europeo di Oncologia (IEO), Istituto Nazionale di Genetica Molecolare (INGM), Policlinico di Milano, Ospedale Niguarda, Ospedale Sacco. The program has a partnership with the most relevant networks of biotech companies and Life-Science Pharma’s in the area of Milan.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Laurea Triennale) in biology, biotechnology, chemistry or pharmaceutical sciences.
The admission test to the Master’s Degree in Biomedical Omics lasting 75 minutes will include 50 multiple-choice questions on topics from the fields of biochemistry, biology, pharmacology, genetics, immunology, pathology.
Application deadlines and dates for the admission test will be published here soon.
- IIT-JAM Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. from IITs Biotechnology 2020.
- The Ultimate BMAT Guide - 600 Practice Questions - BioMedical Admissions Test, UniAdmissions.
- Artquiz Studio. XIII Edizione A.A.2020-21. Test Di Ammissione per Medicina, Odontoiatria, Veterinaria, Professioni Sanitarie e Biotecnologie. Edizioni Giurleo.
- Unitutor Professioni sanitarie 2020. Test di ammissione per Professioni sanitarie, Biotecnologie, Farmacia, CTF, Scienze biologiche. Edizioni Zanichelli.
- Alpha Test. Biotecnologie e farmacia. Edizioni Alpha Test.
- University of Milan admission tests guidance.
*subject to soon-to-be approval by the Italian Ministry of Education (MIUR)