- Peer reviewed publications in leading international journals (Science, Cell Stem Cell, EMBO Reports, Genetics in Medicine, Biosocieties, Journal of Medical Ethics, American Journal of Bioethics, New Genetics and Society, Erkenntnis, Bioethics, Science as Culture, European Public Law).
- International networks & collaborations (Science and Democracy Network (SDN, Harvard University), Belgian Science, Technology and Society network (B.STS), Society for Social Studies of Science (4S), European Association for the Study of Science and Technology (EASST), Italian Science & Technology Studies Society (STS Italia), ‘Bio-objects’ and ‘CHIP ME’ COST Actions, EuroStemCell).
- Teaching: Bioethics (BA level) and Social Aspects of Biotechnology (MA level) courses, University of Milan. Omics counselling course (specialization course for clinicians), European Institute of Oncology.
- Public engagement: Seminars series “Genetica e Società”, Casa della Cultura, Milano.
Science policy engagement
- National Commission ACC-GDPR (2018-). Appointed by the Italian Ministry of Health and Alleanza Contro il Cancro (ACC), the National Commission for the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has the mandate of defining homogeneous binding guidelines for the implementation of national and European legislation on data protection across all Italian institutes devoted to patient care and research (IRCCS, Istituti di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico).
- Research Ethics and Bioethics Committee, Italian National Research Council – CNR (2016-2018): national guidelines on Incidental findings in scientific research. Criteria and recommendations for -omics researches.
Research ethics and regulatory affairs
- Besides its involvement in the day-to-day regulatory affairs of the High Definition Disease Modelling Lab at IEO, the Unit has overseen research ethics and regulatory compliance in several large-scale, multicentric national and international (e.g. Horizon 2020) projects (e.g. Flagship Italian Epigenomics Project (EPIGEN), EDC-Mix Risk Project, LifeTime EU Flagship Initiative).